Please read for current COVID-19 vaccine updates
Moderna 1st, 2nd & additional 3rd dose vaccinations will be offered Monday & Wednesday only from 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM.
Pfizer 1st, 2nd & Booster vaccinations will be offered Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM.
Pfizer vaccinations will be offered at both Kingsport and Blountville locations by appointment only to 5-11 year old’s effective November 8, 2021. Consent form required.
Pfizer Booster Vaccination
Accepting appointments only at this time. Appointments can be made by calling 423-279-2777.
The FDA has amended the emergency use authorization (EUA) for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to allow for use of a single booster dose, to be administered at least six months after completion of the primary series:
- People 65 years and older and residents in long-term care settings should receive a booster shot
- People 50-64 years old with underlying medical conditions* should receive a booster shot
- People 18–49 years old with underlying medical conditions+ may receive a booster shot depending on their individual benefits and risks;
- People 18-64 who are at increased risk for Covid-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting** may receive a booster shot based on their individual benefits and risks.
Examples of underlying medical conditions*
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- Diabetes, type 1 or type 2
- Heart conditions (such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies)
- Obesity – BMI ≥ 30 kg/m2
- Pregnancy or recent pregnancy
- Smoking, current or former
Examples of occupational or institutional settings**
- Healthcare worker
- First Responder
- Grocery store worker
- Worker or resident in a congregate setting
- Other occupations that deal directly with the public
1st & 2nd Doses
COVID-19 vaccinations are currently being given at the Kingsport and Blountville Health Department Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Appointments can be made by calling 423-279-2777, walk-ins are also welcome. Pfizer vaccine is available to anyone 12 years of age and older, minors will need parental consent to receive a COVID-19 vaccination. Johnson & Johnson vaccine is also available to anyone 18 and older. If someone would like to receive a COVID-19 at another location please visit https://www.vaccines.gov/to locate other COVID-19 vaccine providers in the area.
Sullivan County Regional Health Department will be deploying strike teams throughout the community to provide COVID-19 vaccinations at local churches, businesses, and other organizations. If interested in scheduling a strike team to come to a particular location and provide COVID-19 vaccinations please call 423-279-2777.
Sullivan County residents who are homebound and unable to leave their home to receive a COVID-19 vaccination due to physical or medical reasons can request an appointment for a home visit. Appointments can be made by calling 423-279-2777 or emailing CovidVaccines@sullivanhealth.org. If emailing, please include name, address, age, phone number, and if there is a home health affiliation for the individual that will be vaccinated. The Health Department will follow up any request with an appointment confirmation.
BREASTFEEDING AND COVID-19 VACCINE INFORMATION:
Click for more information