The Violence Prevention Program focuses on preventing and educating on topics such as sexual assault, rape, bullying, suicide, anger, and bystander intervention. Our goal is to promote healthy relationships for our children, teens, and adults within Sullivan County.
- In America someone is sexually assaulted every 2 1/2 minutes
- One out of every six women in America has been a victim of either an attempted or completed rape at some point in their lifetime
- One in Five high school girls report being in a physically or sexually abusive relationship
- 20% of sexual assault victims are male
- Over 3.2 million students are victims of bullying each year.
- Approximately 160,000 teens skip school every day because of bullying